Prevent Public Users from Downloading, Printing or Copying Files in Google Drive. This video shows how to protect your files in Google Drive to Prevent Public Users from Downloading, Printing or Copying your files. You can share a folder but this will not prevent people from downloading.
- Go to drive.google.com or a Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
Select a file.
- In Google Drive: At the top, click Share Share.
- In Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides: In the top right, click Share.
- At the bottom right of the "Share with others" window, click Advanced.
- Next to "Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers," check the box. Note: This setting does not apply to folders or people with edit access.
- Click Save changes.
NOTE: You will NOT see the prevent users from downloading checkbox when sharing a folder, you must select each file that you want then click share to see the option.
For More be sure to check out the Google Help Center Article
Tags: Prevent Public Users from Downloading, Printing or Copying Files in Google Drive, Prevent Downloads in Google Drive, Read Only in Google Drive, Google Drive Restrict Access, Protect Files in Google Drive, protect google drive files